Thursday, October 13, 2011

May the Peace of Love surpass all understanding.

Wow, I feel like I have a day off when really I have to leave for work in 45 minutes.  I am really enjoying AVEDA but I am tired.  I am there Monday through Wednesday for 10 hours a day.  And I travel by bus so that is an extra hour or two you are adding on there.  I barely have time to make dinner, do some homework and then go straight to to bed.  I love everything I am learning there but it is intense.  I am finding that planning out my weeks ahead of time is needed.  I have gotten behind on some of my homework because I have not had time to keep up because if I'm not at school then I am at work or I am trying to catch up on errands and sleep.  I am not complaining though, just voicing.  Usually I would be well stressed about these things, but I would rather recognize the challenge, let it go and do it differently next time.  Life is to short to let things the little things stress you out.  Enjoy Today. 
It is interesting though that when you are run ragged like this, how the little things seems to be the most pleasing.  This morning being able to wake up next to Alastair and just snuggle up beside him, made me the happiest person.  I did not have to leave right away or do anything right away, I could just lay there and snuggle beside him and feel that my world is perfect.  It's those kind of moments that I live for. 
To just be able to sit here and write all of this is another joyous moment.  I am at peace. 

Some things that I am gathering from my AVEDA experience that I would like to share is that I am learning how much "the little things"  really can change someones day.  It seems that for myself and a lot of other people I know, that there is often this feeling that you are running to stand still.  That we are all trying to "arrive"  somewhere, in actuality we have already arrived and at the same time never will arrive.  I am reminded of the Nelson Mandella quote and that we really are afraid of our own strength.  We don't like being responsible and therefore it is easier to not say anything.  Just a smile to someone or saying hello, or treating yourself to a massage that you don't want to waste the money on because you feel you don't "need" it.  Those things speak to us experientially and like it or not, we learn through our experience, or at least it is the largest way we can impact ourselves or someone else.  Just by doing something so little can mean a bigger thing to someone else. 

"We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?"  "There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you." "When we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

Pamper yourself, you deserve it.   And by doing it, you help others to recognize that they deserve the same. 

Love and peace to you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health

Life has felt like too much lately, Something I'm learning is Self-acceptance. I don't like being called "emotional", &q...