Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"In these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die And where you invest your love, you invest your life"

"In these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die
And where you invest your love, you invest your life"

This lyric is from Mumford and Sons and it's called Awake my Soul.

Sometimes I forget that it's okay to be me.  In fact, I hold my most powerful self when I am 'me.'
My teacher read to my class the '7 lovely logics.'

7 Lovely Logics
  1. Make peace with your past so it doesn’t spoil your present.
  2. What others think about you is none of your business.
  3. Time heals almost everything,give the time, some time.
  4. Don’t compare your life with other’s you have no idea what their journey is all about.
  5. No one is a reason of your happiness except yourself.
  6. Stop thinking too much its alright not to know all the answers.
  7. Smile, you don’t own all the problems of the world.
 These all struck a strong chord within me. I love number 2 and number 4. 
I am reminded of Pema Chodron.

"Learning how to be kind to ourselves is important. When we look into our own hearts and begin to discover what is confused and what is brilliant, what is bitter and what is sweet, it isn’t just ourselves that we’re discovering. We’re discovering the universe. When we discover the buddha that we are, we realize that everything and everyone is Buddha. We discover that everything is awake, and everyone is awake. Everything and everyone is precious and whole and good. When we regard thoughts and emotions with humor and openness, that’s how we perceive the universe."
(Comfortable with Uncertainty)


I know that I am a very sensitive person and that I can falter and wear more emotions on my sleeve than I would have liked but that is the life I have been given.  It is my cross to bear and no one else's.  This is my life to live and my choices.  No one can control my happiness but me. I have to tell myself these things to remind myself.  

I would like to leave this world knowing that the things I have experienced and learned have left a positive ripple in this story we all call life.  That I may give birth to positive change.  This is my mission.  I am still figuring it out but I know that each day is an opportunity to learn and awaken my soul.  I would like to learn to love myself a little more than I did the day before and be able to have the love pour out of myself and to others. 

I think the most difficult thing for me to remember is something I learned when I was in college; 

'Do not give the answer if they're are not asking the question.'  

My desire to help can turn into what I think is a rescue situation and that person may not want to be rescued at all.  
I can only save myself and that is what I need to stick with and let the Divine allow me to witness my impact on others, rather than trying to create it.  
Yes.  
As I write I realize that I want to create myself as indispensable in the eyes of others.  
That is impossible. 
I am only indispensable to myself and must realize that I may have the opportunity to taste the sweetness of answered prayers and my helpfulness in another's life. For I cannot make some one experience my own sense but I can share what I know when they ask the question.  

It is such a prideful thing to think that I can change another.  

The only person I can change is myself and hope to answer another.  

I see what a gift it is now to be able to help another. To realize that in a sense I am being allowed to 'walk on holy ground.'  However, in order walk I must remove my shoes of pride.  

I feel I have been awakened in these moments.  And I am thankful to share them with you.

Peace to you my friends

Holli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health

Life has felt like too much lately, Something I'm learning is Self-acceptance. I don't like being called "emotional", &q...